Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vintage Treasure Hunt in Montreal a Success! :)

As Martha Stewart would say ... good things ...



It was a cold (cooooooold) sunny day in Montreal ... Walking the streets I could feel my toes going numb beneath me (where were my Sorels?)  but I was determined to reach the vintage shops I had set out to find ... and it was well worth it!


YESSSSS, antique heart lockets and a pearl hat pin ...
So first I'm wondering why the lady who owned this locket has 2 men's pics in her heart (maybe 1 is dad)
Second ... doesn't the guy on in the sepia pic look like Christian Bale (the actor) ..hmm lucky lady :)


Onyx, filigree & Czechoslovakia crystal ... check out the detail in the glass pendant very art deco


Ahhhh Amethyst


pearls and gloves ... reminds me of  Breakfast at Tiffany's

'

...and this is just the start ..next up, guy stuff.  A fellow actor I was shooting my Mocap film with was treasure hunting with me and he bought some seriously cool vintage dood jewels!! 
... to be continued!
























4 comments:

  1. wow, these are some beautiful treasures!

    (said with only a modicum of envy for not being able to go treasure hunting in Montreal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I know, I guess I could go antique hunting in any town, but Montreal is so romantic it seem like everything I find is fabulous!

    Dude Jewels ... theres something great about a gut who can pull off jewels without looking like he's from Jersey Shore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you have great finds there! your newest follower here ^^)

    ReplyDelete