Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Tribute to the Feuding Queens ..

"Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work." ~  Bette Davis

I love these ladies!  Although they were arch rivals in life ... They were both so incredibly strong and charismatic on the screen



Ahhhhh Bette Davis ... I just watched her in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"  and she was fearless!  Absolutely amazing acting, and to embrace her age and allow herself to 'be ugly'  ... she is amazing



Joan Crawford ... the ice queen.  Although she played the nice sister in this movie I didn't buy it for a second ... team baby Jane (Bette) ... but isn't she gorgeous!  The face, the grace .... what an era ..



In 'Baby Jane" .... goooo Bette!




So in honor of my leading ladies Iv posted 2 antique hats in my shop ... 1940 & 1950 ... :)  Im in Joan character here ... hehe  :)


2 comments: