Sunday, March 3, 2013

365 Days Of Pinterest Day 18 - DIY Pretty Lace Bowls

DIY Pretty Lace Bowls


Day 18 of my
365 Days of Pintetest I chose the pretty lace bowl pin ... 



 say Hello to my little friend ... Hope ... and my new nesting tables! :)




WHAT YOU WILL NEED
~Doilies (I found mine and the local second hand store
~balloons
~ Glue ( I used Elmers & Aileens)
~ food coloring if you want to color them





First I dyed my doilie .. I love blue.  A few drops of food coloring and warm water will do .. pop the doilies in the dryer to set the color.



wear gloves :)





mix your glue and water.  I tweaked the original pin.  I used 3 TBS glue to 6 TSP water. 


Dipity Do.  Soak your doilies in the glue solution real good.


Blow up your balloon to the desired bowl size and lay your doily on top.  I placed my balloon in a bowl for support.





pay attention to spread out the ends so you can see the pretty design.





now wait for your doilies to dry .. I actually waited 24 hours to be safe.


 POP!




wa laaa


I love seeing the details to each different doily .. like a snowflake







Verdict .. Fun, Easy and pretty.

I love the results!!  I also made the doily lantern wich was equally as fun and easy .. will blog that as well .. 


No comments:

Post a Comment